Coaching4Success In a Time of Transition
L’Epée Coaching & Consulting is launching a new training program called Coaching4Success In a Time of Transition, which is aimed at addressing the concerns and worries of both employees and employers during this period of economic turmoil and uncertainty.
It is an opportunity for those finding themselves at a professional crossroads or in a transition period to improve their career prospects.
I. Identity/ What is your brand?
- Determine who you are
- Identify your strengths, skills, values, needs, and interests
II. Tell your story
- Put together a CV that gets noticed
- Present yourself successfully
- Succeed in an interview
III. The Search
- Leverage the power of the Internet
- Work with agencies and headhunters
- Increase your visibility through networking
A New Look for Coaching.cz
When it comes to spring cleaning, we normally think of re-arranging closets and organizing drawers. In business, spring cleaning is more about archiving and updating files. This year, I couldn’t wait until spring to update my webpage, and with the helpful support of Andrew Formanek, Jakub Roztocil and Lucie Drahonovska, I gave my coaching.cz website a new look for the new year.
The proof is in the pudding, as they say, so I suggest you visit the website yourself to see what’s new.
For those of you who may not have received all my newsletters or read my various articles, you can now find them all conveniently archived on the new site.
Prague Daily Monitor Survey
The Prague Daily Monitor is committed to delivering the Czech news you need, and would like to ask for a few minutes of your time to complete its readership survey.
Take the survey now for a chance to win a weekend trip for two at a plush Austrian spa.
Upcoming Events and Activities
|March 10||Public Speaking Training: Impromptu Speaking|
|March 24||Power Lunch: The Pursuit of Success Part I|
|April 7||Public Speaking Training, Delivery: Vocal Variety|
|April 22||Power Lunch: The Pursuit of Success Part II|
Coaching Tip of the Month: Career-mapping Quiz
A strong understanding of yourself and your professional goals is key to success both in your career and personal life.
The following questions will help you determine how proactive you are in planning, evaluating, and managing your career. Think about your answers to discover your strengths and identify areas for improvement. With some planning and effort, you can enhance your marketability and increase your job satisfaction.
A. Identity & Branding
- Do I know who I am and what I want?
- Do I regularly assess my strengths, accomplishments, and marketable skills?
- Do I understand the value of developing a personal brand?
- What have I done to develop my own brand?
B. Tell your Story
- Is my resume current and regularly updated?
- Do I keep a detailed and up-to-date list of all my accomplishments?
- Do I know how my resume should look and be presented to job hunt successfully?
- Am I comfortable introducing myself when meeting new people?
- Do I have a well-crafted 30-second “elevator speech” telling people who I am and what I do?
- Do I know what to say when an interviewer asks “Tell me about yourself”?
- Do I know the three most important keys to a successful interview?
- Do I know what to say when asked “Why do you want to work for our company?”?
- Am I confident in my appearance, attitude, and speaking skills?
C. The Job Search
- Am I actively looking for a job?
- Am I confident that my job-search and networking skills will help me achieve my career goals?
- Do I have a strong online presence?
If you answered “Yes” to between 10 and 15 questions, then you are well-prepared, know who you are and where you want to go.
If you answered “Yes” to between 5 and 10 questions, then you are somewhat prepared and could probably improve in a few areas.
If you answered “Yes” to between 1 and 5 questions, then you need a crash course on preparing for a career transition.
Whatever your score, there is always room to sharpen your presentation skills, polish your professional image, and refine your career strategy.
Visit www.coaching4success.cz to find out more.